Spinach Rice Salad



This is a recipe I picked up at a Baby Shower many years ago. I have adapted it a bit.

4 cups cooked rice (any combination of rice, white, brown, wild rice, etc... on Memorial Day I used half cooked white rice from the rice cooker and 1 box of Uncle Ben's Wild Rice)
1 cup of your favorite italian dressing
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/3 cup green onions, sliced
2 cups fresh spinach (cut into thin strips, or chopped)
1/2 cup crisply fried bacon, crumbled (I used hormone & nitrate free)

Directions: In a bowl, combine the salad dressing, soy sauce and sugar. Stir in rice and onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (I had it in the refrigerator over night). Just before serving, stir in spinach and bacon.

Note: for the healthiest salad, use brown rice, low fat salad dressing, organic greens and hormone/nitrate free bacon or better yet, natural turkey bacon.